The Chen Clan Academy is an academic temple in Guangzhou (Canton),
China built by the 72 Chen (It is usually romanised as Chan in Cantonese)
clans for their juniors' accommodation and preparation for the imperial
examinations in 1894 in Qing Dynasty.
Later it was changed to be the Chen Clan’s Industry College,
and then middle schools afterward. Now it houses the Guangdong Folk Art Museum .
Located at Zhongshan 7th Road, the Chen Clan Academy is a symmetric complex
consist of 19 buildings with nine halls and six courtyards.
Facing south, the complex forms around a north-south axis.
A large collection of southern China art pieces, for example,
wood carvings and pottery, can be found in the structure.
The Chen Clan Academy complex exemplifies traditional Chinese architecture and
decoration style, and has influenced cultural and architectural developments worldwide.
It was added in the list of "Cultural Relics of National Importance
under the Protection of the State" in 1988.
(Information from Wikipedia)
The Chen Clan Academy Guangzhou 廣州陳家祠